The first 2 days in Europe is always a bit of a blur for me due to jet lag, but here goes with a few things that jumped out. The Barcelona airport itself is modern with plenty of shopping and dining. The train ride from the airport to the city center sports a visual feast of graffiti out the window (like you might see in industrial sections in any major U.S. city), not a great first impression. But once you get to the city proper, you find wide streets and sidewalks and an incredible mix of old and new in the architecture. Lots of apartment buildings, many of which have balconies to enjoy the nice weather.
I forgot my European power adapter, but a 20-minute walk to "Corte Ingles" fixed that. People were very friendly to me as I tried to explain what I was looking for. Above is a video of part of my taxi ride from the Hotel "NH Constanza" to the Openbravo office, to give a glimpse of the city. Lots of motorcycles and mopeds!

Glad you got there safe! I'm waving at you from over in Paris! The weather is perfect! Can't wait to visit!!!!!
ReplyDelete